A work in progress

Welcome to The Ice, Spice and Vice Files!

Here we aim to provide you with 7 full length and detailed reviews, one for each day of the week, of the highlights (or lowlights as the case may be) of the following week's single releases.

You will also find plenty of other features, including the UK midweeks singles chart which is updated daily, roundups of both the international music and boxoffice charts, a glance at the X Factor UK, a 'Who's On Top?' magazine section as well as some other treats too, such as our 'Star Power' featured artist page and 'Introducing...' page.

As always, if there's something you want us to review or feature, just let us know via email or comment and we'll try and sort something out. We're very friendly like that ;-)

In Love and light

xxVxx

icespicevice@gmail.com

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Avril Lavigne Confirms Musical Comeback


Avril Lavigne has revealed on her official website that she is about to make a music comeback with a brand new album...here's her official statement...

Hey Everyone!
How’s it going?? So… I just wanted to fill you guys in…I’m done with my 4th record!!! Well, actually I have been done for a year… and now my record company have finally decided to release it. OMG..How nice! Thanks guys.
I have been dying to get back out on the road and do what I love the most… PLAY MUSIC. I know you guys have been waiting for a long time…..and so have I, but not by choice. I have been sitting with this record for a year now. It’s really special to me. I have produced a couple tracks alone for the first time, written solo, with friends, I have pushed myself and I feel proud.
In saying all that, this has been a really difficult record for me to create and to release. Not only is this the most meaningful and special record I have written, it is sincere, honest and close to my heart. But for the first time I experienced a bunch of bureaucratic BS. People do their best work when they are doing what they want, love and is natural for them, not when you are forcing them to be something that they are not.
From the beginning of my career my message has always been to be yourself and stand up for what you believe in. Follow your heart.
My first single off this record is called: “What The Hell”. This song is the least personal song to me off this album. It’s a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record.
I am shooting the video in 2 weeks and it will be out in January. I have been extremely busy designing Abbey Dawn and taking the line internationally for the first time, establishing “The Avril Lavigne Foundation” and focusing on my personal happiness and health. Balance!
Love you guys!
xo Avril

So, what do you think? Are you excited about Avril's return? It looks a bit obvious that she's not too thrilled at the choice of lead single, but on the whole it sounds promising :)

No comments:

Post a Comment